– No Alcohol. Often used as a preservative in natural skin care creams, ethyl alcohol (usually listed as ‘alcohol denat.’ on the label) can dry out the skin and cause potential irritations.
– No Parabens. There are safety concerns relating to parabens and potential harm they may cause. This is the reason we take precautionary approach and do not use them.
– No Phenoxyethanol. This chemical preservative is commonly used in natural skin care ranges that have chosen not to incorporate parabens into their formulations. However, it is a skin irritant and has recently been banned for use in certified organic skin care products by Ecocert.
– No Petrochemicals. Petrochemicals include chemical ingredients that are derived from petroleum. Propylene Glycol is one of the more common petrochemicals used in skincare products for its moisturizing properties, however it is a common skin irritant and may trigger eczema.
– No Phthalates. Commonly used as a fixative for fragrances, phthalates are often absent from ingredient labels as many companies use “parfum” rather than list it separately. There are serious safety concerns surrounding this product in regard to reproductive health.
– No Artificial fragrances. These often contain phthalates and other irritating chemicals. They are the most frequent cause of allergic reactions to cosmetics.